As far as mnemonics for Chinese characters go, this is an amazing example worth remembering, complete with a tidy sum-up of places where you’re likely to run into this radical.
- 歹 (歺) — dai3 / dǎi — evil/bad/wicked — Kangxi Radical #78
- ⇐ Kangxi Radical #77: 止 (stop)
- Not to be confused with: 夕 (evening)
- 歹徒 — dai3tu2 / dǎitú — evil-doer/gangster
- 歹意 — dai3yi4 / dǎiyì — malice
Characters containing this radical are likely to refer to death/dying etc.
- 死 — si3 / sǐ — to die
- 歼 [殲] — jian1 / jiān — to annihilate
- 殃 — yang1 / yāng — calamity
- 殡 [殯] — bin4 / bìn — funeral